Close To You: Contemporary Textiles, Intimacy And Popular Culture
An examination of the use of idioms and images from popular culture in the work of contemporary textile artists from Canada and the United States. Participating artists Ai Kijima, Scott Kildall, Allyson Mitchell, Mark Newport and Mich le Provost explore popular myth, comic book heroics and contemporary social and sexual mores through their material practices of knitting, appliqu , embroidery and crochet. Their evident skill and craftsmanship acknowledges traditional craft values even as their cultural and critical sensibilities position them within more recent neo-craft practices.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Textile Museum of Canada
- ISBN-13: 9780770327552
- ISBN: 0770327559
- Publication Year: 2008