Circo Beat (Beat Circus)
Circo Beat is a natural follow-up to the critically acclaimed El Amor Despues del Amor, from 1993. The sound and tone of the two albums are very similar, trending far more towards pop than rock, though Circo Beat is simpler, lighter and more heavily produced. Typically lush, free flowing pop songs are "Lo Que Viento Nunca Se Llevo" and "Mariposa Tecknicolor," with the latter being one of the best tracks ever recorded by Fito Paez and a prime example of his special ability to write songs that sound both happy and melancholic at the same time. The airy "Normal 1" is another highlight of the album while the gentle and jazzy "Las Tardes del Sol, Las Noches del Agua" and "Nadie Detiene Al Amor en un Lugar" breaks the general pattern and mood of the album together with the nice ballad "Dejarlas Partir." Enjoyable from start to finish, Circo Beat is very even, without any weak moments, but with some very strong tracks that stand out from the rest. ~ Philip Jandovsk?, Rovi
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Mint condition or still sealed (SS). Absolutely perfect in every way. New.
- Fine/Like New (EX): No defects, little sign of use, well cared for. Plays perfectly. Close to new. Not necessarily sealed or unused, but close. Could be an unopened promotional or cut item. Sometimes called: mint-minus.
- Very Good (VG): Will show some signs that it was played and otherwise handled by a previous owner who took good care of it.
- Good (G): Attractive and well cared for, but no longer fresh. Minor signs of wear, scuffing or scratching, but will play almost perfectly. For vinyl: barely detectable crackles or pops.
- Fair (FR): This item is in okay condition. For vinyl: good is not so good and the record may have low level crackles or pops when playing. CD: one or more tracks may skip.
- Poor (P): Obviously well-worn and handled. Most vinyl collectors will not buy good or below, but some tracks on CD or vinyl will play.
- Format: Compact Disc
- Sold by: --
- Label: WEA Latina
- UPC: 745099824228