Cinema Choral Classics
Just the ticket if you're seeking something moody, elegant and powerful. David Temple conducts the Crouch End Festival Chorus while the COPP is handled variously by Nic Raine, Paul Bateman and Kenneth Alwyn. Once again we have the "O Fortuna!" from Carl Orff's reading of the Carmina Burana, a piece so magnificent that it often dwarfs the next piece or two. Also included, for good measure, is Basil Poledouris' "Riders Of Doom", from Conan The Barbarian, another excellent choral outing (presented here with new Latin lyrics due to the loss of the originals.) Ennio Morricone's beautiful score for The Mission is sampled twice, though it's Jerry Goldsmith who gets the largest chunk of running time, with the tremendous "Never Surrender" from First Knight and a twelve minute suite drawn from The Omen. More dramatic than touching in contents, Cinema Choral Classics does a good job of stirring the blood. ~ Steven McDonald, Rovi
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Mint condition or still sealed (SS). Absolutely perfect in every way. New.
- Fine/Like New (EX): No defects, little sign of use, well cared for. Plays perfectly. Close to new. Not necessarily sealed or unused, but close. Could be an unopened promotional or cut item. Sometimes called: mint-minus.
- Very Good (VG): Will show some signs that it was played and otherwise handled by a previous owner who took good care of it.
- Good (G): Attractive and well cared for, but no longer fresh. Minor signs of wear, scuffing or scratching, but will play almost perfectly. For vinyl: barely detectable crackles or pops.
- Fair (FR): This item is in okay condition. For vinyl: good is not so good and the record may have low level crackles or pops when playing. CD: one or more tracks may skip.
- Poor (P): Obviously well-worn and handled. Most vinyl collectors will not buy good or below, but some tracks on CD or vinyl will play.
- Format: Compact Disc
- Sold by: --
- Label: Silva America
- UPC: 738572301521