Chloe Sevigny For Opening Ceremony: Reds
Actress-designer Chloë Sevigny marks the debut of her new line of unisex menswear with this limited-edition hardcover volume. First called on to model her collection of tweedy wools, Fair Isle knits, and animal print jacquard sweaters, Chloë's redheads became muses for a project focusing on the curious place of red hair in our culture. Curated by Sevigny, "Reds" features contributions from Slater Bradley, Peter Coffin, Matt Damhave, Brian DeGraw, Joe DeNardo, Brendan Fowler, Jess Holzworth, Matt Keegan, Karen Kilimnik, Nate Lowman, Marlene McCarty, Jack Pierson, Rob Pruitt, Aurel Schmidt and Kon Trubkovich. Original works by these artists accompany images by David Armstrong, shot on location at the photographer's townhouse in Bedford-Stuyvesant, Brooklyn. In addition, redhead lore from Lily Ludlow explores centuries of redhead mythology, which variously described the fair-skinned, freckled breed as temperamental, magical, unlucky, jolly, beautiful and deviant.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Hardcover
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Distributed Art Pub Inc
- ISBN-13: 9781935202042
- ISBN: 1935202049
- Publication Year: 2010