Charting A New Course: Reinventing High School Classes For The New Millennium
The purpose of this book is to encourage teachers and administrators to move beyond traditional course structures and to ask them to consider designing experiential curriculum that is interdisciplinary and focused on solving real world problems. Why do this? Both authors believe that the current model of education falls short in preparing students to think creatively, to work collaboratively and to engage actively as problem solvers. An educational sea?change is needed more than ever given the problems that face our world now and that threaten to worsen in the next few decades. This book is divided into sections devoted to courses that, despite their interdisciplinary nature, we categorized into the following fields: Social Science, Literature and Composition, ComputerScience, Mathematics, Art, Environment and Ecology, Engineering, Public Health, and Administration.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Information Age Pub Inc
- ISBN-13: 9781681238968
- ISBN: 1681238969
- Publication Year: 2017