Captured On Film: The True Story Of Marion Davies
Actress Charlize Theron narrates this affectionate tribute to beautiful screen starlet Marion Davies, who, despite memorable comic performances in such hits as Show People and The Patsy, will always be remembered as the former Ziegfield Follies dancer who charmed her way into the affections of newspaper magnate William Randolph Hearst. A glamorous, doe-eyed darling whose gift for mimicry was only exceeded by her glamorous reputation both onscreen and off, the Brooklyn-born Davies struggled for recognition on the stage before Hearst became enamored by her charms and built both a movie trailer, and the sprawling San Simeon estate, for the popular screwball comedienne. Despite the portrayal of Davies as an opportunistic floozy in Citizen Kane, those closest to the starlet claimed that filmmaker Orson Welles betrayed her true gracefulness in the name of histrionic Hollywood drama. Jason Buchanan, Rovi
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: This movie is unopened and brand new.
- Fine/Like New (EX): Near new. No defects, little sign of use. Plays perfectly. Not necessarily sealed or unused, but close. No skipping; no fuzzy or snowy frames in VHS.
- Very Good (VG): Attractive and well cared for but no longer fresh. Minor signs of wear, but will play almost perfectly. For VHS: barely detectable distortion or very few fuzzy or snowy frames.
- Good (G): This item is in okay condition and basically works well. There may be some minor distortion on VHS tape; slight scratching or wear on DVD.
- Fair (FR): Basically plays, but may be obviously well-worn with some scratching or tape distortion.
- Poor (P): Disc or tape is intact, but may be scratched or stretched. There may be skips or distortion or product defects.
- Format: DVD
- Sold by: --
- Publisher: Image Entertainment, Inc.
- UPC: 014381103328
- Region: Region 1