Cannonball [Maxi Single]
Boasting some of the best B-sides in alternative rock, the Breeders do not disappoint on the first single off of the wonderful Last Splash. "Cannonball" is an absolute classic; a catchy stab at mainstream success that first put them on the map. "Cro-Aloha" is a rough, distorted take on the album's "No Aloha" that makes the song much less mannered than the original version. Their hilariously droll cover of Aerosmith's "Lord of the Thighs" stands as both a tribute and a parody, and "900" is bassist Josephine Wigg's own composition, closer to the depressing indie rock of Slint than Kim Deal's pop numbers. In fact, Wigg sings more on the four songs than either of the Deals, making it far more of a group effort than either of their full length albums. Good stuff from start to finish, this single is one to search for. ~ Bradley Torreano, Rovi
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Mint condition or still sealed (SS). Absolutely perfect in every way. New.
- Fine/Like New (EX): No defects, little sign of use, well cared for. Plays perfectly. Close to new. Not necessarily sealed or unused, but close. Could be an unopened promotional or cut item. Sometimes called: mint-minus.
- Very Good (VG): Will show some signs that it was played and otherwise handled by a previous owner who took good care of it.
- Good (G): Attractive and well cared for, but no longer fresh. Minor signs of wear, scuffing or scratching, but will play almost perfectly. For vinyl: barely detectable crackles or pops.
- Fair (FR): This item is in okay condition. For vinyl: good is not so good and the record may have low level crackles or pops when playing. CD: one or more tracks may skip.
- Poor (P): Obviously well-worn and handled. Most vinyl collectors will not buy good or below, but some tracks on CD or vinyl will play.
- Format: Compact Disc
- Sold by: --
- Label: Elektra (Label)
- UPC: 075596627924