Camp On Blood Island
Directed by Val Guest, Starring Val Guest, Phil Brown, Walter Fitzgerald, Michael Goodliffe, Michael Gwynn, Carl Mohner, Andre Morell, Barbara Shelley, Edward UnderdownWritten by Val Guest, Phil Brown, Walter Fitzgerald, Michael Goodliffe, Michael Gwynn, Carl Mohner, Andre Morell, Barbara Shelley, Edward Underdown
For some reason, this Hammer Studios war melodrama was singled out for constant ridicule by the Monty Python troupe. The story is set at a brutal Japanese POW camp, where sadism is a way of life (the first scene is of a hapless prisoner being forced to dig his own grave). The evil commandant (played by non-Japanese Ronald Radd) has sworn to wipe out all the inmates if Japan loses the war. The English prisoners know that this has already happened, thus they're forced to keep the news secret from their captors-at least until they can stage a daring escape. The portrayal of the Japanese race in Camp on Blood Island is hardly conducive to the cause of political correctness. Hal Erickson, Rovi
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: This movie is unopened and brand new.
- Fine/Like New (EX): Near new. No defects, little sign of use. Plays perfectly. Not necessarily sealed or unused, but close. No skipping; no fuzzy or snowy frames in VHS.
- Very Good (VG): Attractive and well cared for but no longer fresh. Minor signs of wear, but will play almost perfectly. For VHS: barely detectable distortion or very few fuzzy or snowy frames.
- Good (G): This item is in okay condition and basically works well. There may be some minor distortion on VHS tape; slight scratching or wear on DVD.
- Fair (FR): Basically plays, but may be obviously well-worn with some scratching or tape distortion.
- Poor (P): Disc or tape is intact, but may be scratched or stretched. There may be skips or distortion or product defects.
- Format: DVD
- Sold by: --
- Publisher: Sony Pictures Home
- UPC: 043396413849
- Region: Region 1