By The Sword: A History Of Gladiators, Musketeers, Samurai, Swashbucklers, And Olympic Champions
A vivid history of swordfighting ranges from ancient times to the present day, profiling such great swordsfighters as Ignatius Loyola, Napoleon, Shakespeare, Karl Marx, Grace Kelly, Harry Truman, George Patton, Errol Flynn, and Basil Rathbone while exploring the cultural and social implications of fencing. Reprint. 30,000 first printing.
- Condition: Used - Good
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: HPB Redmond
- Seller rating:
- Language: English
- Publisher: Modern Library
- ISBN-13: 9780812969665
- ISBN: 0812969669
- Publication Year: 2003
- Edition: Reprint