"Burial Mound" was written in the supernatural horror genre, but encompases many elements of adventure, mystery and suspense. Most of the story's action takes place in the state of Florida, near or inside the Everglade National Park. This region is and has been the ancestral home of the Seminole Indian tribe for two hundred years. The plot focusses on a retired seaman's obsessive quest for the truth behind his reclusive brother's sudden disappearance. The U.S. Coast Guard's official version is death by drowning; the result of a boating accident in the Gulf of Mexico. But this conclusion creates serious doubts in the mind of the surviving brother from the outset. There are simply too many inconsistencies in the report's findings to make it believeable. No body was ever recovered. The seaman inherits his late brother's secluded beach-house on the Gulf of Mexico and assumes occupancy soon afterwards. He vows to investigate his brother's sudden disappearance until the facts are uncovered. His years of diligence eventually result in a breakthrough. Soon he becomes aware of certain people, places and events which provide strong evidence indicating that his brother perished as a result of something far more sinister and shocking than drowning!
- Condition: New
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): Book may have been read. Looks new and has no defects. May show remainder marks. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Near Fine (NF): Clean, with no defects, but may show slight wear at edges of book or dust jacket. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Very Good (VG): Shows signs of wear. May have minor defects: clipped or chipped dust jacket; owner’s inscription; remainder mark; minor foxing or bumping. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. May have any of the defects above to a greater degree, including highlighting, library markings, or loose bindings. Rare and collectible books may have cocked spine, cracked hinges, water stains; torn or repaired dust jacket. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): May be very worn, soiled, torn, or barely holding together. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): May have extensive damage from moisture or insects; detached boards; parts may be missing; marginally salable unless very unusual. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: HPB.com
- Seller rating:
- Language: English
- Publisher: Author Solutions
- ISBN-13: 9781434353467
- ISBN: 143435346X
- Publication Year: 2009