Building Sustainable Communities: Environmental Justice & Global Citizenship
In this inter-disciplinary follow-up to Future as Fairness: Ecological Justice and Global Citizenship (edited by Haugestad and Wulfhorst, Rodopi 2004) 14 chapters explore a variety of conceptual and practical pathways to the building of sustainable communities. Five chapters provide different perspectives on sustainable and unsustainable agriculture. Other cases explored are wildlife valuations, distributional effects of environmental policy, the emerging American nuclear power renaissance, regulation of care use, job losses with a raising GDP, cooperation between labour and environmentalists, plant biotechnology, participatory decision making, acoustic ecology, decent competition, and fractality as a key to global citizenship and ecological justice. The introduction sketches a framework for constructive evaluation of the interrelationships between environmental sustainability, economic sustainability, communities, and social interactions.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Brill Rodopi
- ISBN-13: 9789042021235
- ISBN: 9042021233
- Publication Year: 2006