Britain's X Traordinary Files
David Clarke opens The National Archives' own X Files to uncover the secret, official accounts behind legendary paranormal and extraordinary phenomena. From mediums employed by the police to help with psychic crime-busting to sea monster sightings reported to the Royal Navy, Britain's X-traordinary Files brings to light a range of secret documents created by military intelligence and government agencies who have investigated and even used extraordinary phenomena or powers in recent history.Each chapter is underpinned by original, official records held at The National Archives, which throw new light on many rumours and unsolved historical mysteries, including the Angels of Mons and other legends of the Great War plus a variety of strange phenomena reported both in the sea and in the air, from phantom helicopters to the great sea serpent of the Victorian era. The final chapter scrutinises official interest in the infamous Loch Ness Monster of Scotland and the 'Beast of Bodmin'.These accounts are supplemented with contextual material gathered from interviews and the author's own investigations, making truly eye-opening reading for anyone interested in the paranormal.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): Book may have been read. Looks new and has no defects. May show remainder marks. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Near Fine (NF): Clean, with no defects, but may show slight wear at edges of book or dust jacket. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Very Good (VG): Shows signs of wear. May have minor defects: clipped or chipped dust jacket; owner’s inscription; remainder mark; minor foxing or bumping. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. May have any of the defects above to a greater degree, including highlighting, library markings, or loose bindings. Rare and collectible books may have cocked spine, cracked hinges, water stains; torn or repaired dust jacket. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): May be very worn, soiled, torn, or barely holding together. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): May have extensive damage from moisture or insects; detached boards; parts may be missing; marginally salable unless very unusual. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: A & C Black
- ISBN-13: 9781472904935
- ISBN: 1472904931
- Publication Year: 2014