Britain, Detente, And Changing East West Relations
There is little systematic analysis available of Britain's contribution to East-West relations since 1945, and in particular of Britain's contribution to East-West detente. In general, British attempts to act as mediator between East and West have been regarded as ineffectual, and a rather desperate attempt to prove that Britain could still wield influence on the world stage.In this new contribution to the study of the evolution of post-war international relations, Brian White argues that Britain's contribution to detente cannot so easily be dismissed. Through narrative and analysis, he examines the persistent theme of Britain's attempts to steer East-West relations in a co-operative direction. In doing so, he has provided both an important revaluation of Britain's role in the post-war world and an invaluable case study in foreign policy formation and execution.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Hardcover
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Routledge
- ISBN-13: 9780415078412
- ISBN: 0415078415
- Publication Year: 1992