They had a happy farm childhood, surrounded by the natural beauty of the West Virginia mountains. But for brothers Joe and Larry Collier, all it took was one tragic accident to change their lives forever. Thrown into a challenging series of events after the death of their father, the young brothers eventually make a new life for themselves joining the ranks of the region's thriving coal industry.But as the Collier brothers arrive at the mines, so does a new source of tension between miners and mine owners. The union movement, armed with demands for fair pay and safe working conditions, sparks a growing desire for change with unexpected and often destructive results.Narrated by the older Collier brother, Joe, Bluestone is a compelling historical tale about the endurance of the human spirit and the indestructible bond between brothers. Through a historically accurate narrative filled with surprising twists and turns, it also addresses a topic that will be familiar to many modern readers the plight of the working class.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Createspace Independent Pub
- ISBN-13: 9781511864473
- ISBN: 1511864478
- Publication Year: 2015