Directed by Phil Karlson, Starring Phil Karlson, Alan Bridge, Katherine DeMille, Thurston Hall, Raymond Hatton, Joe Hernandez, Darryl Hickman, Elyse Knox, Clem McCarthy, Jack Norman, Moroni Olsen, Kane Richmond, Charles Trowbridge, H.T. Tsiang, Anthony QuinnWritten by Phil Karlson, Alan Bridge, Katherine DeMille, Thurston Hall, Raymond Hatton, Joe Hernandez, Darryl Hickman, Elyse Knox, Clem McCarthy, Jack Norman, Moroni Olsen, Kane Richmond, Charles Trowbridge, H.T. Tsiang, Anthony Quinn
A kind-hearted Native American adopts a homeless, orphaned Chinese boy who has only a horse to his name. This touching melodrama chronicles the years they spend together. The boy's new parents mate his horse with their mare and the resulting filly proves to be fast. They nearly lose the filly, but manage to get her out of the clutches of a dishonest horse manager. They then breed her. On the day she foals, they find oil upon the land and they name the colt "Black Gold." Together father and adopted son raise the horse with the hope of entering it in the Kentucky Derby. Unfortunately, by this time, the father is an old man and just before he dies, he makes the boy promise to run the horse in the Big Race. Sandra Brennan, Rovi
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: This movie is unopened and brand new.
- Fine/Like New (EX): Near new. No defects, little sign of use. Plays perfectly. Not necessarily sealed or unused, but close. No skipping; no fuzzy or snowy frames in VHS.
- Very Good (VG): Attractive and well cared for but no longer fresh. Minor signs of wear, but will play almost perfectly. For VHS: barely detectable distortion or very few fuzzy or snowy frames.
- Good (G): This item is in okay condition and basically works well. There may be some minor distortion on VHS tape; slight scratching or wear on DVD.
- Fair (FR): Basically plays, but may be obviously well-worn with some scratching or tape distortion.
- Poor (P): Disc or tape is intact, but may be scratched or stretched. There may be skips or distortion or product defects.
- Format: DVD
- Sold by: --
- Publisher: Warner Bros. Digital Dist
- UPC: 888574285104
- Region: Region [unknown]