Biopolymers: Utilizing Nature's Advanced Materials
This book examines biotechnological, chemical, and engineering aspects of biopolymers and their blends. It focuses on processing and characterization, biopolymer synthesis and degradation, and new applications. Chapter topics include biodegradable plastics, environmental cleanup, nanocomposite matrices, salient enzymology, techniques for monitoring bioplastics in living cells, and biopolymers for food packaging. Materials discussed include starch and cellulosics (including xylans), chitin, proteins, long-chain fatty acids, mesquite gums, and lignin.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Hardcover
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Amer Chemical Society
- ISBN-13: 9780841236073
- ISBN: 0841236070
- Publication Year: 1999