Between The Earth And The Stars
Most of Jeff Wood's debut is of the '70s sensitive singer/songwriter fare, although a couple of cuts stand out and help to establish him as a viable country artist. The opening track "You Call That a Mountain," and is the strongest track in this collection and could almost sell the album on its own merit. Wood's style and delivery are worthwhile, and he cowrites five of the ten songs here. Also noteworthy is the Don Schlitz/Vince Gill contribution "You Just Get One," and Wood's uptempo "Long Way from OK." A mostly mellow set, heavy with pop-ish power ballads that should appeal to fans of the Dave Loggins-meets-John Berry school of country-pop. ~ Jack Leaver, Rovi
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Mint condition or still sealed (SS). Absolutely perfect in every way. New.
- Fine/Like New (EX): No defects, little sign of use, well cared for. Plays perfectly. Close to new. Not necessarily sealed or unused, but close. Could be an unopened promotional or cut item. Sometimes called: mint-minus.
- Very Good (VG): Will show some signs that it was played and otherwise handled by a previous owner who took good care of it.
- Good (G): Attractive and well cared for, but no longer fresh. Minor signs of wear, scuffing or scratching, but will play almost perfectly. For vinyl: barely detectable crackles or pops.
- Fair (FR): This item is in okay condition. For vinyl: good is not so good and the record may have low level crackles or pops when playing. CD: one or more tracks may skip.
- Poor (P): Obviously well-worn and handled. Most vinyl collectors will not buy good or below, but some tracks on CD or vinyl will play.
- Format: Compact Disc
- Sold by: --
- Label: Imprint Records
- UPC: 605101100620