Bernice Bobs Her Hair And Other Stories
It was an age of miracles," declared F. Scott Fitzgerald of the 1920s, "it was an age of art, it was an age of excess, and it was an age of satire." No author is more closely associated with the decade than Fitzgerald, who christened it the Jazz Age and chronicled its manners and morals. His lyrical, witty fables of society life reveal the disillusionment and cynicism behind the Roaring Twenties' glamorous façade.Six of Fitzgerald's best-loved stories appear here, starting with the title tale, in which a hostess regrets her success at transforming a visiting cousin from wallflower to coquette. Other selections include "The Diamond as Big as the Ritz," a glittering fantasy about the corrupting power of wealth; “The Ice Palace,” a quasibiographical story of a restless Southern belle; "The Offshore Pirate"; "The Jelly Bean"; and "May Day." Each of these colorful portraits from a bygone era considers timeless themes — love, money, power, the search for happiness — that keep them enduringly popular and ever relevant.
- Condition: Used - Good
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: HPB Las Colinas
- Seller rating:
- Language: English
- Publisher: Dover Pubns
- ISBN-13: 9780486470498
- ISBN: 0486470490
- Publication Year: 2009