Hal Roach wrote this story, which concerns a club of wealthy, grumpy old men who were players for the Fighting Orioles during baseball's pioneer days of the 1870s. Tommy Roosevelt Tucker (Glenn Tryon) seems like he will always be a small-town barber until the club discovers that his father was an Oriole. They send for him, and he happily goes, since his sweetheart, Hope Stanton (Blanche Mehaffey), has preceded him to the city. Tucker tries to cheer up the old men, but his silly attempts are futile until he discovers that Hope has fallen into the clutches of her wicked uncle, Sid Stanton (Noah Young). Stanton is a crook who is trying to use Hope in his schemes, and the situation inspires the old men. Once again, the fighting spirit overtakes them and they aid Tucker in rescuing the girl and bringing the schemers to justice. Janiss Garza, Rovi
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: This movie is unopened and brand new.
- Fine/Like New (EX): Near new. No defects, little sign of use. Plays perfectly. Not necessarily sealed or unused, but close. No skipping; no fuzzy or snowy frames in VHS.
- Very Good (VG): Attractive and well cared for but no longer fresh. Minor signs of wear, but will play almost perfectly. For VHS: barely detectable distortion or very few fuzzy or snowy frames.
- Good (G): This item is in okay condition and basically works well. There may be some minor distortion on VHS tape; slight scratching or wear on DVD.
- Fair (FR): Basically plays, but may be obviously well-worn with some scratching or tape distortion.
- Poor (P): Disc or tape is intact, but may be scratched or stretched. There may be skips or distortion or product defects.
- Format: DVD
- Sold by: --
- Publisher: Alpha Video
- UPC: 089218736093
- Region: Region [unknown]