Banana Boat Song
A three-disc box set, this anthology might be too much material for the casual Harry Belafonte fan, although there are some wonderful rare recordings included here for the collectors. The first disc is essentially a greatest-hits sequence, including his most famous Caribbean-based songs like "Banana Boat Song (Day-O)" and "Jump in the Line." The second disc features live performances of many of these same songs, while the third disc spotlights rare tracks of Belafonte in straight crooning style, tackling songs like "Smoke Gets in Your Eyes" and "The Night Has a Thousand Eyes." The real treat here is a live duet with the great Nat King Cole on another calypso number called "Shut Up Your Mouth." ~ Steve Leggett, Rovi
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Mint condition or still sealed (SS). Absolutely perfect in every way. New.
- Fine/Like New (EX): No defects, little sign of use, well cared for. Plays perfectly. Close to new. Not necessarily sealed or unused, but close. Could be an unopened promotional or cut item. Sometimes called: mint-minus.
- Very Good (VG): Will show some signs that it was played and otherwise handled by a previous owner who took good care of it.
- Good (G): Attractive and well cared for, but no longer fresh. Minor signs of wear, scuffing or scratching, but will play almost perfectly. For vinyl: barely detectable crackles or pops.
- Fair (FR): This item is in okay condition. For vinyl: good is not so good and the record may have low level crackles or pops when playing. CD: one or more tracks may skip.
- Poor (P): Obviously well-worn and handled. Most vinyl collectors will not buy good or below, but some tracks on CD or vinyl will play.
- Format: Compact Disc
- Sold by: --
- Label: Golden Stars (Netherlands)
- UPC: 8712177042135