Originally published in 1975, Badlands has been heralded as a comic triumph for decades. The story starts in 1916, when scientist William Dawe leads a paleontological expedition into the badlands of Alberta, obsessed with achieving world renown by discovering dinosaur fossils. Fifty years later, his daughter, Anna, enters these same badlands. In her visit to the expedition site, she exposes not only the absurdity of her father's work but also the folly of his male ambition and attitudes.This new, beautifully packaged edition of Kroetsch's classic novel is reborn and reimagined for a contemporary audience with stunning and haunting black and white images by master photographer George Webber accentuating the text. As well, a gracious and personal appreciation of the work as a whole and of Robert Kroetsch himself has been written by literary icon Aritha van Herk.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Hardcover
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Rocky Mountain Books
- ISBN-13: 9781771600637
- ISBN: 1771600632
- Publication Year: 2015