AUDITING encourages discovery learning in its coverage of auditing practices. By integrating academic research; offering audit documentation review cases; and proposing research projects that ask students to answer challenging questions, the text exposes students to databases, annual reports, and the professional literature in a way that will prepare them for success in their future careers. The new edition focuses on fraud, restatement, and earnings management--addressing corporate governance and the audit standard setting that is evolving as a result of recent scandals (such as Enron/Arthur Andersen) and mandates (such as the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002 and the standards of the Public Accounting Oversight Board and the SEC).
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Hardcover
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Cengage Learning
- ISBN-13: 9780324226294
- ISBN: 0324226292
- Publication Year: 2005
- Edition: 8