Health faddist Mulvain (Louis Calhern) and his astrology-minded wife Salome (Norma Varden) hold court over their seven musical-prodigy daughters. Each girl is named after a mythical Greek: Athena (Jane Powell), Minerva (Debbie Reynolds), Niobe (Virginia Gibson), Aphrodite (Nancy Kligas), Medea (Jane Fischer), Calliope (Dolores Starr) and Ceres (Cecile Rogers). They also run around dressed in skimpy miniskirts, for those of you not interested in mythology. Athena falls in love with lawyer Adam Shaw (Edmund Purdom) and Minerva is ga-ga over crooner Johnny Nyle (Vic Damone), neither of whom come up to Mulvain's notions of mental and physical perfection. A lesser product from the Joe Pasternak musical mill, Athena is unremarkable save for an early appearance by future Hercules star Steve Reeves and a nicely bitchy performance by the usually resistable Linda Christian. Hal Erickson, Rovi
- Condition: Used - Good
HPB condition ratings
- New: This movie is unopened and brand new.
- Fine/Like New (EX): Near new. No defects, little sign of use. Plays perfectly. Not necessarily sealed or unused, but close. No skipping; no fuzzy or snowy frames in VHS.
- Very Good (VG): Attractive and well cared for but no longer fresh. Minor signs of wear, but will play almost perfectly. For VHS: barely detectable distortion or very few fuzzy or snowy frames.
- Good (G): This item is in okay condition and basically works well. There may be some minor distortion on VHS tape; slight scratching or wear on DVD.
- Fair (FR): Basically plays, but may be obviously well-worn with some scratching or tape distortion.
- Poor (P): Disc or tape is intact, but may be scratched or stretched. There may be skips or distortion or product defects.
- Format: DVD
- Sold by: HPB Tacoma
- Seller rating:
- Publisher: Warner Bros. Digital Dist
- UPC: 883316287965
- Region: Region [unknown]