Asia And The Drafting Of The Universal Declaration Of Human Rights
This is the first book that explicitly outlines Asian contributions to the elaboration of universal human rights values that were proclaimed in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights of 1948. Evidence of Asia's contribution from the historical records of the Commission on Human Rights (1946 to 1948) profoundly refutes any remnants of the relativist `Asian values' discourse. Asians shaped the `new humanism' of the UDHR and the universal values that they also brought to bear on the drafting of this document. The book brings this evidence into focus in order to enter them into contemporary human rights discourse in Asia. The book coincides with the 70th anniversary (2018) of the UDHR and contributes to the ongoing global dialogue between states and societies in the development of human rights norms. At this time, the elucidation of the Asian contribution in this work is part of this dialogue.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Hardcover
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- ISBN-13: 9789811321030
- ISBN: 9811321035
- Publication Year: 2018