Artist Scholar: Reflections On Writing And Research
Research is a concept that is not typically associated with the field of art. However, more and more art-based MFA and PhD programs use the term to describe and categorize the work of graduate-level artist-students and faculty. G. James Daichendt proposes a different way of characterizing the professional artist in the academy.Artist-Scholar presents a broad foundation for inquiry in the arts and redefines how artists may approach research in the academic context. The author proposes that the concepts of scholarship, understanding, and writing better define the diverse practices of artists in and out of the academy. Drawing on the artwork, practices, and writings of modern and contemporary artists, including Banksy, Jeff Koons, and Shepard Fairey, among others, this book brings the professional artist into the scholarship and research dialogue at long last.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Intellect L & D E F A E
- ISBN-13: 9781783203888
- ISBN: 1783203889
- Publication Year: 2019
- Edition: 2