Animal Heroes: True Stories From Around The World
A compilation of tales of heroic animals from dogs and cats to pigeons and pigs who, using their instinct, intelligence and often courage in overcoming adversities, are seen to have performed heroic deeds. As well as including individual pets that have shown great intelligence and courage in exceptional circumstances, sometimes saving the lives of their owners and human friends, the book also contains stories of animals that perform a daily, invaluable service to their owners e.g. guide dogs, pro-dogs, hearing dogs and the monkeys of the American helping hands organization. There are chapters on wartime heroes featuring dogs, pigeons, horses and even a duck. Another chapter looks at working animals, like the pit ponies and canaries of yesterday and today's mountain rescue dogs, police dogs, military horses and sniffer dogs (and a pig) used in drug detection.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Hardcover
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Stephen Greene Pr
- ISBN-13: 9780720719376
- ISBN: 0720719372
- Publication Year: 1990