Anam Cara: Mysticism From The Celtic World
In this text, the author uses the Celtic vision of life as a means to examine the landscape of the soul. Informed by the Celtic mystical tradition "Anam Cara" (which means soul friend) re-examines the contemporary perception of spirituality and argues that instead of seeking to satisfy our spiritual hunger on an everlasting journey of exploration that will uncover every riddle, every mystery, we should seek to gain an understanding that the soul lies within us always. It is ever present and ever ready to dispense peace and wisdom to enhance our life experience. Using the ancient Celtic reverence for the spirit of all things and the celebration of the continuous mysteries of everyday existence which survive to this day. O'Donohue traces the cycle of life and nature, shares secrets from a world where the Fates are not feared, blending philosophy, instruction, and spiritual insight.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Hardcover
- Sold by: --
- Publisher: Bantam Press
- ISBN-13: 9780593042014
- ISBN: 0593042018
- Publication Year: 1997