An Old Man's Rules For Hitchhiking
John McGlynn's favorite motto was "never let the truth get in the way of a good lie" - but as is revealed in his imaginative tales of travels to Mexico, Indonesia, and other exotic ports of call, it is often in the fantastic that truths are found. Populated with characters Mark Twain would have appreciated, McGlynn's stories are those of a modern-day Everyman, and are as recognizable to an American as they would be to an Indonesian about the common nature of man. His guide to hitchhiking, written after more than fifty years of experience on the road, displays a singular sense of wit and irony and provides remarkable insights into the foibles of mankind.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Lightning Source Inc
- ISBN-13: 9789792510010
- ISBN: 979251001X
- Publication Year: 2008