Among Malay Pirates: Tales Of Adventure And Peril
Beloved to this day, nineteenth-century British author G.A. Henty wrote unforgettable stories by first creating endearing characters and then placing them in exotic locales where they faced danger at every turn. Among Malay Pirates: Tales of Adventure and Peril is a collection of short stories by Henty written in the style that his readers have come to expect. In addition to the short story Among Malay Pirates, this collection includes stories set in India, the Channel Islands, the American Gold Rush and China. The perfect book for the Henty fan or the first-time reader who wants to know more about the enduring works of this classical writer, this collection will not disappoint. As a bonus, this edition includes over 60 historical, geographical and explanatory footnotes to aid the modern reader.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Createspace Independent Pub
- ISBN-13: 9781481914482
- ISBN: 1481914480
- Publication Year: 2013