United States Of Emergency: American Capitalism And Its Crises
For well over a century now, American capitalism has moved from crisis to crisis from the ruthless competition that drove worker unrest in the Gilded Age through the horrors of the Great Depression to the present, when the deadly twins of globalization and financialization have brought frightening instability to nearly everyone on the planet.United States of Emergency traces that crisis-laden history to reveal the key structural and political vulnerabilities of capitalism. Alan Nasser brings a lifetime of study to the subject, arguing that the current instability should be seen as only the most recent movement in an ongoing dialectic of crisis and response; by understanding the history of the system and its vulnerabilities, he shows, we can begin to see our way to a potential post-capitalist future.Rooted in research, but not afraid to be polemical, United States of Emergency is a landmark work, a powerful reckoning with capitalism's checkered history and uncertain present.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): Book may have been read. Looks new and has no defects. May show remainder marks. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Near Fine (NF): Clean, with no defects, but may show slight wear at edges of book or dust jacket. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Very Good (VG): Shows signs of wear. May have minor defects: clipped or chipped dust jacket; owner’s inscription; remainder mark; minor foxing or bumping. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. May have any of the defects above to a greater degree, including highlighting, library markings, or loose bindings. Rare and collectible books may have cocked spine, cracked hinges, water stains; torn or repaired dust jacket. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): May be very worn, soiled, torn, or barely holding together. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): May have extensive damage from moisture or insects; detached boards; parts may be missing; marginally salable unless very unusual. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Hardcover
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Pluto Pr
- ISBN-13: 9780745333830
- ISBN: 0745333834
- Publication Year: 2018