United States Of Emergency: American Capitalism And Its Crises
For well over a century now, American capitalism has moved from crisis to crisis from the ruthless competition that drove worker unrest in the Gilded Age through the horrors of the Great Depression to the present, when the deadly twins of globalization and financialization have brought frightening instability to nearly everyone on the planet.United States of Emergency traces that crisis-laden history to reveal the key structural and political vulnerabilities of capitalism. Alan Nasser brings a lifetime of study to the subject, arguing that the current instability should be seen as only the most recent movement in an ongoing dialectic of crisis and response; by understanding the history of the system and its vulnerabilities, he shows, we can begin to see our way to a potential post-capitalist future.Rooted in research, but not afraid to be polemical, United States of Emergency is a landmark work, a powerful reckoning with capitalism's checkered history and uncertain present.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Hardcover
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Pluto Pr
- ISBN-13: 9780745333830
- ISBN: 0745333834
- Publication Year: 2018