Against All Odds: Speaking Naturally With Idioms
AGAINST ALL ODDS uses semantic groupings of idioms and interactive activities to help students develop their abilities to speak and understand authentic English. Every effort has been made to include idioms that students will find useful in their everyday lives and will often encounter in conversation with native English speakers. The number of idioms per chapter has purposely been limited to 15 - 17 so that students can truly acquire them for active use.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Heinle & Heinle Pub
- ISBN-13: 9780838428559
- ISBN: 083842855X
- Publication Year: 1990