Advances In Coastal And Ocean Engineering: Advanced Numerical Models For Simulating Tsunami Waves And Runup
This review volume is divided into two parts. The first part includes five review papers on various numerical models. Pedersen provides a brief but thorough review of the theoretical background for depth-integrated wave equations, which are employed to simulate tsunami runup. LeVeque and George describe high-resolution finite volume methods for solving the nonlinear shallow water equations. The focus of their discussion is on the applications of these methods to tsunami runup.In recent years, several advanced 3D numerical models have been introduced to the field of coastal engineering to calculate breaking waves and wave-structure interactions. These models are still under development and are at different stages of maturity. Rogers and Dalrymple discuss the Smooth Particles Hydrodynamics (SPH) method, which is a meshless method. Wu and Liu present their Large Eddy Simulation (LES) model for simulating the landslide-generated waves. Finally, Frandsen introduces the lattice Boltzmann method with the consideration of a free surface.The second part of the review volume contains the descriptions of the benchmark problems with eleven extended abstracts submitted by the workshop participants. All these papers are compared with their numerical results with benchmark solutions.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): Book may have been read. Looks new and has no defects. May show remainder marks. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Near Fine (NF): Clean, with no defects, but may show slight wear at edges of book or dust jacket. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Very Good (VG): Shows signs of wear. May have minor defects: clipped or chipped dust jacket; owner’s inscription; remainder mark; minor foxing or bumping. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. May have any of the defects above to a greater degree, including highlighting, library markings, or loose bindings. Rare and collectible books may have cocked spine, cracked hinges, water stains; torn or repaired dust jacket. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): May be very worn, soiled, torn, or barely holding together. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): May have extensive damage from moisture or insects; detached boards; parts may be missing; marginally salable unless very unusual. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Hardcover
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: World Scientific Pub Co Inc
- ISBN-13: 9789812700124
- ISBN: 9812700129
- Publication Year: 2008