Advanced Photonic Structures For Biological And Chemical Detection
In my career I ve found that thinking outside the box works better if I know what's inside the box. Dave Grusin, composer and jazz musician Different people think in different time frames: scientists think in decades, engineers think in years, and investors think in quarters. Stan Williams, Director of Quantum Science Research, Hewlett Packard Laboratories Everything can be made smaller, never mind physics; Everything can be made more ef?cient, never mind thermodynamics; Everything will be more expensive, never mind common sense. Tomas Hirschfeld, pioneer of industrial spectroscopy Integrated Analytical Systems Series Editor: Dr. Radislav A. Potyrailo, GE Global Research, Niskayuna, NY The book series Integrated Analytical Systems offers the most recent advances in all key aspects of development and applications of modern instrumentation for che- cal and biological analysis. The key development aspects include (i) innovations in sample introduction through micro- and nano?uidic designs, (ii) new types and methods of fabrication of physical transducers and ion detectors, (iii) materials for sensors that became available due to the breakthroughs in biology, combinatorial materials science, and nanotechnology, and (iv) innovative data processing and mining methodologies that provide dramatically reduced rates of false alarms.
- Condition: New
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): Book may have been read. Looks new and has no defects. May show remainder marks. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Near Fine (NF): Clean, with no defects, but may show slight wear at edges of book or dust jacket. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Very Good (VG): Shows signs of wear. May have minor defects: clipped or chipped dust jacket; owner’s inscription; remainder mark; minor foxing or bumping. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. May have any of the defects above to a greater degree, including highlighting, library markings, or loose bindings. Rare and collectible books may have cocked spine, cracked hinges, water stains; torn or repaired dust jacket. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): May be very worn, soiled, torn, or barely holding together. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): May have extensive damage from moisture or insects; detached boards; parts may be missing; marginally salable unless very unusual. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: HPB.com
- Seller rating:
- Language: English
- Publisher: Springer Verlag
- ISBN-13: 9781461424420
- ISBN: 1461424429
- Publication Year: 2012