A Treatise Of The Laws For The Relief And Settlement Of The Poor
First published in 1805, this work summarises the vast array of laws at the time on the relief of the poor in Great Britain. Split across two volumes, it not only condenses the laws themselves but also disentangles the theory and doctrine of each law and explains how the theory should have been applied in practice. This work will be a valuable primary source for those studying 19th poor relief and welfare.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Routledge
- ISBN-13: 9781138207608
- ISBN: 1138207608
- Publication Year: 2018