A Ridge Runner's Legacy
Life was difficult in 1819 for native families still living in Appalachia after the Cherokee tribal government had relinquished their rights to the area. While the native population was predominately Cherokee, it also included other bands and tribes called Ridge Runners, to denote they were mountain Indians. This novel deals with one of those families, burdened not only by expanding white domination, but also by inter-racial dealings with other Indians. The grandchildren are all approaching adulthood when the story begins, and within a one-year time frame family trauma completes their transition. While this is a work of fiction, it could have been the history of many Appalachian families. Because so very little has been written of the areaas natives, this book gives insight to the history of the area.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Publishamerica Inc
- ISBN-13: 9781413713701
- ISBN: 141371370X
- Publication Year: 2004