A Mysterious Life And Calling: From Slavery To Ministry In South Carolina
A critical edition of a newly discovered autobiography, this is a rare glimpse into the life of a woman who was an educated urban slave in Charleston, South Carolina; served after the American Civil War as a minister of the African Methodist Episcopal Church; and contributed as a preacher, teacher and postmistress to civic development in post-Reconstruction South Carolina. Original.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Univ of Wisconsin Pr
- ISBN-13: 9780299306748
- ISBN: 0299306747
- Publication Year: 2016