A Manual Of The Geology Of India: Chiefly Compiled From The Observations Of The Geological Survey
The geologist Richard Dixon Oldham (1858-1936) published the second edition of Geology of India in 1892 for the Geological Survey of India. The work is a thoroughgoing revision of the first edition of the same manual compiled by H. M. Medlicott (1829-1905) and W. T. Blanford (1832-1905), published in 1879. It contains one of the earliest and most important geological surveys of India. Owing to an increase in available data since the first edition, descriptions of the rock formations of the country are arranged chronologically. This edition is particularly important for the data on, and discussion of, the age and origins of the Himalayas. It includes other chapters on metamorphic and crystalline rocks, fossils, vegetation, volcanic regions, geological history, and rock formation. It is a key work of nineteenth-century geology which remains relevant for geologists studying the subcontinent today.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Cambridge Univ Pr
- ISBN-13: 9781108072540
- ISBN: 1108072542
- Publication Year: 2011
- Edition: Reissue