A Human Strategy: Toward A Genuine Spirituality
A Human Strategy: Toward a genuine spiritualityIt has become increasingly evident to me that it is indecent to reconstruct my life ... perhaps because I have chosen to set my inherited morality aside and look at the world from an "amoral" perspective. Moreover, my neighbor fears the collapse of his own morality through my private concern: "Can there be a more valuable orientation toward life?"Perhaps it is a type of death, just as real as the final death, to cast aside an old identity and become someone new.Whatever the reason, I have undertaken this experiment and in the process ... for the process, have kept notes and am hereby putting them into some form. Let me call it a "book."Perhaps this is the soft underbelly of a book exposed to the modern world: to say that one can be happier and more valuable without a "beyond" ... that one can not only learn to be content with reality, but can aggressively pursue greater and greater joy.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: Lightning Source Inc
- ISBN-13: 9781581128376
- ISBN: 1581128371
- Publication Year: 1999