A History Of Christianity In Pittsburgh
Christians have played a vital role in the history of Pittsburgh as community leaders, activists, athletes and more. Their ministries have inspired many worshipers and improved the community. Leading Pirates, Steelers and Penguins who have powerfully promoted Christianity here include Andrew McCutchen, Clint Hurdle, Troy Polamalu, Mike Tomlin and Dan Bylsma. A diversity of parachurch organizations and congregations, from Baptist to Presbyterian and Catholic to nondenominational, have shaped and advanced the faith. Gary Scott Smith tells the exciting story of their quest, as Episcopal rector Samuel Shoemaker put it, "to make Pittsburgh as famous for God as for steel."
- Condition: New
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Paperback
- Sold by: HPB.com
- Seller rating:
- Language: English
- Publisher: History Pr
- ISBN-13: 9781467141093
- ISBN: 1467141097
- Publication Year: 2018