A Guide To Medicinal Plants: An Illustrated, Scientific And Medicinal Approach
This book presents up-to-date information on a total of 75 native and nonnative medicinal plants growing in Singapore. Comprehensive and useful information from the published literature including plant descriptions and origins, traditional medicinal uses, phytoconstituents, pharmacological activities, adverse reactions, toxicities, and reported drug herb interactions is presented in an easy-to-read manner for easy and quick reference. There is no minimum level of knowledge required to read this book, and botanical and medical glossaries are also provided for readers convenience.The book will be of great practical benefit to a wide-ranging audience. Educators and students in complementary medicine and health, pharmacognosy, medicinal chemistry, natural products, pharmacology, toxicology, pharmacovigilance, medicine, pharmacy, nursing, botany, biology, chemistry and life sciences will find the information useful. The book will also appeal to clinicians, pharmacists, nurses and researchers, as it contains a comprehensive reference list at the end for further reading.
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): No defects, little usage. May show remainder marks. Older books may show minor flaws.
- Very Good (VG): Shows some signs of wear and is no longer fresh. Attractive. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. Possible loose bindings, highlighting, cocked spine or torn dust jackets. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): Obviously well-worn, but no text pages missing. May be without endpapers or title page. Markings do not interfere with readability. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): All text is legible but may be soiled and have binding defects. Reading copies and binding copies fall into this category. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Hardcover
- Sold by: --
- Language: English
- Publisher: World Scientific Pub Co Inc
- ISBN-13: 9789812837097
- ISBN: 9812837094
- Publication Year: 2009
- Edition: 1