20th Century Masters The Millennium Collection: The Best Of Grace Jones
Basically, this Grace Jones entry in the Millennium Collection series is a one-disc version of Private Life: The Compass Point Sessions with "La Vie en Rose" added as representation of her early disco years. The Compass Point years were great, with Sly & Robbie providing the groovy reggae backbeat and Jones supplying the European iciness. The cosmopolitan and paranoid versions of Roxy Music's "Love Is the Drug," the Normal's "Warm Leatherette," and the Pretenders' "Private Life" are all excellent. Although the collection somehow leaves off her signature tune, "Slave to the Rhythm," the tunes written by Grace and friends are just as good, especially the widely sampled "My Jamaican Guy." If the compilers had included the few good singles from Jones' post-Island period it would have made the collection all the more valuable, but there's still a lot of great music here. ~ David Jeffries, Rovi
- Condition: --
HPB condition ratings
- New: Mint condition or still sealed (SS). Absolutely perfect in every way. New.
- Fine/Like New (EX): No defects, little sign of use, well cared for. Plays perfectly. Close to new. Not necessarily sealed or unused, but close. Could be an unopened promotional or cut item. Sometimes called: mint-minus.
- Very Good (VG): Will show some signs that it was played and otherwise handled by a previous owner who took good care of it.
- Good (G): Attractive and well cared for, but no longer fresh. Minor signs of wear, scuffing or scratching, but will play almost perfectly. For vinyl: barely detectable crackles or pops.
- Fair (FR): This item is in okay condition. For vinyl: good is not so good and the record may have low level crackles or pops when playing. CD: one or more tracks may skip.
- Poor (P): Obviously well-worn and handled. Most vinyl collectors will not buy good or below, but some tracks on CD or vinyl will play.
- Format: Compact Disc
- Sold by: --
- Label: Chronicles
- UPC: 044007738924