107 Ways To Help Others: Cope With Waves Of Grief
Grief is like ocean waves, hitting hard against the sand and receding, only to return. Waves of emotion crash, and people say, "I don't know what to say or do to help." This book is for them. It's for you. We all have either lost someone or tried to comfort the bereaved and felt helpless. Every page gives a fresh idea for comforting during the hardest time in someone's life-perhaps your own. Luann Lee Brown worked as an occupational therapist for twenty years, mostly in psychiatry, helping depressed people in crisis. She volunteered at a local police department helping give death notifications or supporting a family and friends when a loved one committed suicide, as well as other roles during horrific times. This book includes a section on helping those left behind after suicide or murder and sections on how to help children in the throes of grief. May the waves of grief soften and become less treacherous. May the sun shine and sparkle on the ocean of your or your loved ones' lives. May you feel the joy of serving another while you heal from your near drowning in an ocean of your own loss.
- Condition: New
HPB condition ratings
- New: Item is brand new, unused and unmarked, in flawless condition.
- Fine/Like New (F): Book may have been read. Looks new and has no defects. May show remainder marks. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Near Fine (NF): Clean, with no defects, but may show slight wear at edges of book or dust jacket. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Very Good (VG): Shows signs of wear. May have minor defects: clipped or chipped dust jacket; owner’s inscription; remainder mark; minor foxing or bumping. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Good (G): Average used book with all pages present. May have any of the defects above to a greater degree, including highlighting, library markings, or loose bindings. Rare and collectible books may have cocked spine, cracked hinges, water stains; torn or repaired dust jacket. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Fair (FR): May be very worn, soiled, torn, or barely holding together. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Poor (P): May have extensive damage from moisture or insects; detached boards; parts may be missing; marginally salable unless very unusual. Used textbooks do not come with supplemental materials.
- Format: Hardcover
- Sold by: HPB.com
- Seller rating:
- Language: English
- Publisher: Author Solutions
- ISBN-13: 9781468542042
- ISBN: 1468542044
- Publication Year: 2012