For Parents and Teachers
How kids 14-and-under can participate:
- Read for at least 15 minutes each day for a month.
(Grown-ups may read aloud to kids who are still learning.)
- Add up your minutes and have your parent or guardian initial each week.
- Once you've read 300 minutes, turn in your completed reading log to earn your $5 HPB Bookworm Bucks reading reward for the month.
- We'll award one top reader per age group each month with a TOP READER prize - a $20 HPB Gift Card!*
Make family reading goals this summer and
give rewards to your children.
- Set aside a time of day to read and help your kids stick with it.
- Help your kids select books to read. [ Reading Suggestions ]
- Post a checklist on the fridge and chart progress. [ Download Reading Log ]
Think of fun, creative family rewards. Here are some ideas:
- Take a trip to the zoo or amusement park.
- Walk in your favorite family park.
- Camp out in the backyard with family or friends.
- Have a special lunch at your favorite pizza place.
- Take a trip to your favorite bookstore to pick out a new book.
- Present reading reward certificates. [ Download Certificate ]
*Some restrictions apply. See Reading Log for details.